We blinked, and we are in the last quarter of 2023. It’s time for your end-of-year dental procedures. Scheduling dental treatments before the end of the year can be a smart financial and health decision for several reasons:
- Maximize Insurance Benefits: Many dental insurance plans have an annual maximum benefit that resets at the beginning of each calendar year. If you haven’t used up your maximum benefit for the current year, scheduling dental procedures before the year ends can help you fully utilize your insurance coverage. Any unused benefits typically do not roll over to the following year, so it’s a “use it or lose it” situation.
- Cost Savings: Using your dental insurance benefits can reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. This particularly benefits more extensive or costly dental procedures, such as crowns, bridges, or dental implants.
- Tax Benefits: In some cases, dental expenses can be tax-deductible if they exceed a certain percentage of your income. If you’ve had significant dental expenses during the year, scheduling additional treatments before the end of the year may help you reach the threshold for claiming a tax deduction.
- Preventive Care: True, you maximize your insurance benefits, but regular dental check-ups and cleanings are essential for maintaining good oral health. Scheduling these routine appointments before the end of the year allows your dentist to catch and address any potential issues early, which can prevent more significant and costly problems down the road.
Some of the most common and beneficial dental procedures our patients consider before the end of the year include:
- Fillings: If you have cavities or decay, getting fillings done can prevent the need for more extensive treatments like root canals or crowns.
- Crowns and Bridges: These are used to restore damaged or missing teeth, improving both aesthetics and function.
- Dental Implants: If you have missing teeth, dental implants can provide a long-term solution to restore your smile.
- Veneers: Veneers are not generally covered by insurance, but many people still come in to get that Hollywood smile before the holidays.
- Orthodontic Treatment: If you or your child require orthodontic work like Invisalign, starting before year-end can ensure progress and cost optimization.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal: If you have impacted wisdom teeth, addressing them before they cause complications is advisable.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Treating gum disease promptly can prevent it from advancing to a more severe stage.
So, if you have been putting off your dental treatment, now is the time to schedule. Keep in mind that dental offices may have limited availability during the holiday season, so it’s best to plan ahead and schedule your appointments in advance. Give us a call at 405 857 6453 or schedule online.